ABI's Central States Bankruptcy Workshop to Feature 20 Bankruptcy Judges, Hottest Insolvency Topics June 9-12
Contact: John Hartgen
ABI’S CENTRAL STATES BANKRUPTCY WORKSHOP TO FEATURE 20 BANKRUPTCY JUDGES, HOTTEST INSOLVENCY TOPICS JUNE 9-12
April 22, 2011, Alexandria, Va. — The American Bankruptcy Institute’s (ABI) 18th Annual Central States Bankruptcy Workshop, featuring 24 bankruptcy judges from the Sixth and Seventh Circuits, will take place June 9-12 at Michigan’s Grand Traverse Resort and Spa on Lake Michigan. This year’s program brings together a faculty of 20 bankruptcy judges, practitioners from the top national insolvency firms and academics. Attendees have the opportunity to earn up to 9.0 hours of CLE credit, including 2.5 hours of ethics. The workshop will allow attendees to hear the latest views from the bankruptcy bench with the “Jaunty Judicial Debates” and the “Breakfast with a Judge” presentation.
Panel sessions at the Central States Bankruptcy Workshop include:
· Did You See What Happened in Court Today? A Demonstration of Worst Practices (vs. Best Practices) for Judges and Attorneys
· Protecting Your Intangible Assets: Intellectual Property Issues in Bankruptcy Cases
· The Non-Filing Spouse Dilemma
· Can You Fight (or Restructure) City Hall? Restructuring Municipal Debt
· The Tax Man Cometh and the Tax Man Taketh Away: Tax Issues in Consumer Cases
· What Your Banker Can Do For You: Restructurings, Chapter 11 and Liquidations from a Banker's Perspective
· How to Protect (and Keep) Your License: Ethics Issues in Consumer Cases
· Bank Failures: Dealing with the FDIC
· Burn the House Down! Mortgage Issues in Consumer Cases
· How to Get Retained and Paid: Ethics Issues in Business Cases
· Claims Issues in Consumer Cases
· Problems, Problems, Problems Workshops
Doug Lutz of Frost Brown Todd, LLC (Cincinnati) is the program chair, and Bankruptcy Judge Marci B. McIvor (E.D. Mich.; Detroit) is the judicial chair. Bankruptcy Judge Pamela S. Hollis (N.D. Ill.; Chicago) is the judicial advisory board chair, Anne B. Miller of NHB Advisors (Chicago) is the advisory board chair and Stuart A. Gold of Gold Lange & Majoros (Southfield, Mich.) is the materials chair.
To view the full list of expert speakers at the Central States Bankruptcy Workshop, please visit http://www.abiworld.org/CS11/schedule.html.
For more information on ABI’s Central States Bankruptcy Workshop, please visit http://www.abiworld.org/CS11.
ABI is the largest multi-disciplinary, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency. ABI was founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues. The ABI membership includes over 13,000 attorneys, accountants, bankers, judges, professors, lenders, turnaround specialists and other bankruptcy professionals, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. For additional information on ABI, visit www.abiworld.org. For additional conference information, visit http://www.abiworld.org/conferences.html.